When it comes to cold seasons, some of them especially summer can be extreme. They could make showers uncomfortable unless one purchases the likes of a geyser water heater. Its installation is enough to transform the annoying and freezing showers into soothing and comfortable ones.
They are not only ideal during the cold season. After a long day of work, a hot bath can be the best form of relaxation. That makes a water heater indispensable. However, the popularity of the geyser water heaters keeps increasing. Some of the reasons include how fast one can get hot water; its compactness hence occupies little space, convenient installation as well as durability.
Despite that, it would be naivety to believe that all geyser water heaters are the same. Some are better than others. Equally important, there are those that are a waste of not only time but also money. That is why one cannot overstress the importance of choosing a good water heater. The wise men say that information is power. On that note, we will put at your disposal the best geyser water heaters in India in 2019.
In addition to that, we will offer you a detailed piece that covers all the details necessary to help you make an incredible buying decision.
Best Geyser Water Heaters in India 2019
For all, that and much more, keep reading. We are about to commence that discussion that will make buying a geyser water heater in India for the year 2019 a piece of cake. We have the buying guide and reviews of the best Geyser Water Heaters that You can’t afford to miss this if you are planning to purchase one.
So, without further ado here’s a list of 10 best geyser in india.
1. AO Smith HSE-SES
What else would you look for in a heater if you won’t purchase this Racold Pronto Neo from AO Smith? Its storage capacity is 25 liters. It is also energy efficient just 2000 Watts. What’s more, when you purchase this water heater, the company will install it free off –charge. The company is responsible for free installation in Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Hoogly, Pune, Delhi-NCR, Howrah and even Kolkata. If you live beyond these cities, pocket-friendly installation charges may apply.
It is capable of storing up to 25 liters. If this water heater does not work up to your expectation, you are liable for returning it to the store within ten days after delivery. Full reimbursement is guaranteed. Unlike the generic water heaters, this one is made using the advanced technologies, and it has maximum protection against corrosion or water toughness.
- It is built using advanced technology.
- It has a warranty of up to 7 years on tank and 4 years warranty for outer parts.
- The water heater’s temperature range is 25 to 75 degrees Celsius.
- It enhances the home or office décor.
- The expert service guaranteed upon purchase.
- It is a white water heater that weighs 16.02 kg.
- Its dimensions – 57.2 cm (Length) x 50.6 cm (Width) x 46.2 (Height)
2. Racold Pronto Neo
This water heater for one is high pressure resistant. This means that it can withstand very high pressures and thus suitable for high buildings as well as high-pressure pump applications. It is ideal for your office on the 150th floor and above. This water heater’s inspiration was in Italy; however, we have crafted it locally. It comes with an abroad, Italian design and its craft has a rare compilation of the style and technology.
- Should you have any concern related to the product/installation, we are here to...
- HPR(High Pressure Resistance) : High Pressure Withstanding capacity makes it...
- Warranty: 2 years on Product, 2 years on Heating Element and 5 years on Tank
It heats your liquids very fast since it has a high heating element which ensures you have hot water for coffee or for another use in the shortest time possible. Its design is in a way that it prevents backflow, thanks to its anti-siphoning system that prevents water from flowing back to the container. In the end, there is no dry heating.
- Your safety is a guarantee with the three temperature safety and pressure. It has a cutout, safety valve, and thermostat.
- It heats fast for its faster heating element.
- Its material is durable material.
- The contact number for water heater installation is 8604252288
- The water heater has an automatic temperature control feature.
- Its dimensions 27.1 x 25 x 43 cm ; 3.27 Kg
- It weighs 3.27 Kgs
3. American Micronic AMI-WHM3-15LDx
This is an energy efficient water heater that utilizes only 2000 Watts unlike generic power consuming water heaters. It has a fluid carrying capacity of up to 15 liters. With the ultra-slim 2mm inner steel tank that is comfortable with up 8 bars pressure. It has a 22x234millimeters magnesium anode that prevents against corrosion.
- Three power modes 800W/1200W/2000W with Variable temperature control and...
- Multiple Safety protections against overheating, over pressure and electric...
- Capacity 15 Liters with 2mm Ultra-thick inner steel tank to handle 8 bars...
Upon purchase, the buyer is guaranteed of up to 2 years warranty if the product does not work up to their expectations. When you buy this product, you get the water heater, pressure valve, the mounting bolts as well as an instruction warranty and a warranty card. Though American, you can get this latest and sturdy water heater in India.
- The water heater construction uses a sturdy material.
- The Bureau of energy efficiency certifies it.
- This product has 2mm ultra-thick inner steel tank that sustains up to 8 bars of pressure.
- It operates with 220 to 240 volts.
- It is energy efficient, 2000Watts.
- This water heater is much better than the Indian BEE 5 star.
- It conforms to the IS 082:1993 as well as IS a 302-2-21standards.
- It has vast safety protection from overheating, elastic shock, overpressure, corrosion,
- The American Micronic water heater has attractive looks.
4. Crompton Solarium DLX IWH03PC1
When buying a water heater, the first thing you check is its capacity. This water heater can carry up to 3 liters which is ideal at your home office or even in an office away, in India. The water heater measures 22.8 centimeters in height, 42.5 widths, and 22.8 cm breath.
- Capacity: 3 Litres; Wattage: 3000 Watts
- In case of any product queries / complaints, contact_us on: [ 18004190505 ]...
- Product Dimensions: 42.5 cms (Length) X 22.8 cms (Width) X 22.8 cms (Height)
Upon purchase, you get a 2 years warranty on the water heater. The water heater’s material is sturdy steel. In case you encounter any problem upon purchasing this product, you can call this toll free number right away. It is 1800 419 0505
- The water tank is of steel material.
- The water heater dimensions are 422.8 height, 22.8 widths, and 22.8 breath.
- It has nice looks that enhance your interior décor.
- The water heater weight 3.18 Kgs.
- Its dimensions are 42.5 x 22.8 x 22.8 cm.
- Has Ivory looks.
- It can be perfect in a slab house.
5. Bajaj Flora Instant Water Heater
This water heater stands out not only for its thermostatic outer body but also vast features that give it an edge over any known water. First of all the thermostatic body prevents the water heater from corrosion and rusting. The carrying capacity of this product is 3 liters, and it is energy efficient; only 3000 WATS.
- To avail free installation, please call at 022-4128-0000
- Type : Instant; Capacity : 3 Litres; Wattage : 3000 Watts;Pressure : 8 Bars....
- Inner Tank Material: SS 304; Outer Body Material: ABS. Rated Frequency (HZ):- 50
- It is easy to return within 10 days of purchase
- It has a warranty of up to 2 years
- Measures 44×26.5 and 26.5 centimeters
- The water heater has power on, Neon indicator and heating
- Its cable is fire retardant.
- Bajaj Flora is rated 8 bar pressure.
- It has nice looks that enhance your room’s décor.
6. V-Guard Water Heater Victo
This amazing water heater by the name V-Guard from V-Guard Company has a free inlet as well as an outlet pipe. The manufacturer, V-Guard company foot the istalla6tion cost. Bee Company rates this magnificent water heater 5-Star since it is a high energy efficient product. The water heater’s inner is made of sturdy steel which is lined with an anti-corrosive coating.
- High energy efficiency
- The heating element is high-quality Incoloy-800 that heats fast and lasts long.
- It comes with free inlet and outlet pipes.
- Its inner tank is of high-quality steel.
- It is a geyser by SUBHASISH KUNDU.
- V Guard Industries Ltd (Official) is the official seller.
- It is perfect for any interior décor.
- The water heater’s dimensions are Diameter 34 cm, Length 51.5 cm
7. Havells Monza EC 5S
This water heater is designed with the Feroglas technology and has a single weld line design. It is made using a heavy duty anode which is perfect for protecting the tank against corrosion. It has an Incoloy heating element that heats water very fast. Also, the water heater is energy saving and has high-density PUF insulations. You would love this water heater as also it comes with an earth leakage circuit breaker.
- Feroglas technology with single weld line design. The rated pressure is 0.8 MPa
- Heavy duty anode rod protects tank from corrosion ; Additional Features: Water...
- Incoloy heating element
Its water tubes are designed with the whirl flow technology. The product saves on your energy, and you do not have to worry about the inflated electricity bills in India as it only consumes 2000Wats. The water heater also has an adjustable knob for regulating the temperature. You can regulate the temperature from as low as 25 degrees up to 75 degrees.
- It has a capacity of up to 15 liters.
- Upon purchase, you get the product, a warranty card, mounting bracket, drain pipe, and an instruction manual.
- It has a warranty of up to 5 years.
- The installation is free in some selected cities in India.
- It comes with an adjustable knob.
- This water heater measures 61cm Lx40.3cm Wx38.5cm H.
- It has protection against water splash.
- Bee has rated it.
8. Orient Electric Aquaspring WS1502M
This water heater can store up to 15 liters of water. It is energy efficient as it only utilizes 2000WATTS. Also, it can be used on really tall buildings as it can withstand much pressure. It withstands up to 6.5 Bars of pressure. The water heater is easy to return if it does not serve you according to your expectations. However, you should return it within 10 days after purchase. In the same breath, it comes with 5 years warranty upon purchase.
- Type: Storage; Capacity: 15L; Wattage: 2000 Watts; Variable Pressure...
- In case of any product queries / complaints, contact the brand customer service...
- The BEE rated this water heater, 5-star.
- Upon purchase, you get the installation manual, a warranty card, and clamps.
- The water heater is PUF insulated.
- The heating element is of a heavy copper material.
- When purchasing, there is friendly customer support on 8001037574.
- The Official sellers of this water heater are Ageco India Pvt Ltd
- The water heater’s dimensions are 47 x 31.5 x 34 cm
9. Venus Lyra 25R
This water heater has interchangeable panels in that the front panel comes in a palette of up to 7 vibrant colors that upon adjusting them, they can suit any bathroom interior. It comes with a 2 years warranty upon purchase of the heater. It has a smart LED indicator ring. When the Led light indicates blue, this means that heating is in progress, and a red light means the heater in use.
- TYPE: Storage; Capacity -25L 2000 Watts Water heater;BEE Star Rating - 5 Stars
- CONNECTION PIPE INSIDE;FREE INSTALLATION in Select cities all over India, To...
- INNER TANK: Porecelain Enamel Glasslined Tank; Heating Element: High Quality...
The water heater’s porcelain enamel glass lined tank is manufactured in a modern way. This is the European technology that protects the water heater’s tank against corrosion or even rust. Upon purchasing the water heater, it comes along with a wall clamp that has fitting screws, a user manual as well as the guarantee card.
- It is suitable for India as it operates on 230 volts.
- Also, it is energy efficient, as it utilizes only 2000 WATTS.
- The water heater is Lyra smart.
- It weighs 15.11 kg.
- It has glass lined Incoloy -800 elements which can withstand extreme temperatures of up to 1000 degrees c.
- The heater can hold up to 25 liters.
- There is a three years warranty on the heating element.
10. WINSTAR Aqua Joy
The list above comprises only the best water heaters that are Ideal for Indian Family in 2019, and this Winstar Aqua Joy water heater by Winstar Company is has a place among the top 10. The water heater has a water storage capacity of 15 liters which makes it ideal for a home or office.
- Type : Storage, Capacity: 15 Litres; Wattage: 2000 Watts
- 1 year warranty on product and 1 years on inner tank
- Rust and shock proof ABS outer body; Copper heating element, utmost durability
- The inner tank is made of a thick Jindal stainless steel of superior 304 grade.
- It has a durable heating element which is durable.
- Its body is of rust and shockproof ABS.
- It is energy efficient as it only uses 2000Watts.
- This water heater is blue.
- The water heater has a1 year warranty upon buying and one year warranty on the inner tank.
- It enhances the looks of your interior décor when placed in a room.
Top 5 Best Water Heater Brands in India
1. AO Smith
This is an American brand. Its headquarters are In Milwaukee, Wisconsin of the United States of America. It is well known for its excellent products. Among them are water heaters, water boilers as well as dishwashers. They are great to the extent that the brand is among the best sellers.
Durability, as well as efficiency, are usually a guarantee. Surprisingly, they are also budget friendly. The varying warranties range between 7 and 2 years. The advanced technology is another great thing about the company.
The association that the Racold brand has with the Ariston Thermo is proof enough that it is worth mentioning. It has offered user satisfaction to a million buyers. They get water heaters that are not only efficient but also durable. When it comes to style, these are the best. No wonder it continues becoming popular 8 years since its establishment in the Indian market. Options include gas, electric and solar heaters.
The warranties are also excellent. The tank gets up to 7 years. On the other hand, the entire item and heating elements get warranties of 2 and 4 years, respectively.
When it comes to Bajaj, the situation is no different. Customers have had a place to call home when it comes to water heaters and immersion rods. For the latter, you can secure storage, instant as well as gas ones. The warranty is also great with a 7-year warranty for the tank. The heating element and the product get 3 and 2 years, respectively. It is one of the pioneers in the Indian market.
Having come into existence in 1926, this is a brand worth considering. The company was set up in Mumbai by Jamnalal Bajaj. It is something that the Indians are proud to be associated with no doubt. It doesn’t help in water heaters only. Other products fall under the category of finance, travel, steel, iron, insurance, home appliances, lighting and automobiles among others.
Since 1878, the Crompton brand has been offering great products to the Indians. That includes railway signaling, motors, pumps, transformers, and last but not least water heaters. As one of the best-selling products, it is evident that what it offers is worth spending on.
To counteract with the monster by the name corrosion, this brand has chosen Nano Polymer to coat their water heater tanks. The pressure of their storage water heaters is usually over 8 bar. It explains why they have been others’ choices for a long time.
This is a brand that has taken the water heater market by a storm. Not many years have passed since its entrance. Nevertheless, nothing seems to be stopping it from delivering its best. It has defied all odds to emerge among the best water heater brands in India.
They have everything including gas, storage, and instant water heaters. Outstanding aspects include the Whirlflow technology as well as the ultra-diamond enamour glass-lined walls. They are ideal for high-rise buildings because of their high pressure of 8 bar. Most of the products that they offer are also BEE 5-star rated. That speaks volume regarding what you get if you buy from Orient brand.
There are other great brands that you can consider. Good examples are those that have produced the top 10 best geyser water heaters in India in 2019.
Factors to consider when selecting a Geyser/Water Heater in India in 2019 for great results
Before we dive into the Amazon hot waters, there is something that we need to capture first. There are essential things that one should put into consideration before making this momentous decision.
They will help you when breaking the tie among the best. After all, we offer you 11 options, but you will take home one or two of them in the end. Take a look at what you should keep at the back of your mind when purchasing a heater.
1. The Intended Use
The purpose of a water heater will determine the best one for you. For instance, if you need one for washing kitchen utensils, it doesn’t have to be that big. Equally important, a geyser for bathing using a shower will be bigger than that one of washing using a bucket. Therefore, knowing the purpose of your water heater is necessary before buying one.
2. The Type of Water Heater
When it comes to heater models, there are various categories as seen below categories.
Instant/Tankless Water Heater vs. Storage Water Heater
The categorization is concerning the functioning of the water heater. Below is a discussion of the two, their advantages as well as disadvantages.
Instant Geyser Water Heater
As its name suggests, this is a water heater that ensures one gets hot water instantly. It is perfect when it comes to kitchen and washing areas use. As soon as you need hot water to clean, you rest assured that the water will be available. Since it offers about a liter per minute, one would need roughly 15 to 20 minutes to fill a bucket.
It is therefore also ideal for bathing as well as washing. However, that would only be convenient if the family members are between two and three people. It operates well when the temperature does not exceed 50 degrees Celsius.
Storage Geyser water heater
In this case, the name pre-empts the meaning. It comes to a storage tank that stores water until you need it. That makes it ideal for families with many members. It has merits as well as demerits as shown below.
Electric vs. Gas Water Heater
This category is based on what the water heater uses to heat the water. This is another way to group geyser water heaters as illustrated below.
Electric water heaters
As their names suggest, they use electricity to heat water. When it comes to home use, this is the most common type of water heater. Below are the pros and cons.
- They heat water fast and at relatively high temperatures.
- They are also cheap.
- Ease of use as well as maintenance is also a guarantee.
- Installation is no different.
- They are also compact.
- The level of safety is also commendable.
- Since they use electricity to heat the water, their operation cost is high.
Gas water heaters
It is good to note that their popularity is increasing. These need either LPG or propane gas among others to heat water. Let us look at the advantages and disadvantages.
- They have a minimal operation cost hence economical.
- If one is connected to pipe gas, it is cheap.
- With a gas connection, it is also a piece of cake to install.
- They heat water faster than their electric counterparts.
- It requires a lot of space.
- Since each water heater needs a connection to a gas source, installation becomes complicated.
- With the two categories, you can weigh the best combination as far as your needs are concerned.
3. The Kind of Water at Home
The two different types of water which are hard and soft should also be crucial factors. Hard water tends to shorten the lifespan of a water heater and affects the performance too. However, since you need a water heater despite that, it is important to choose one that can withstand such conditions and the obvious corrosion. It is advisable to settle for a product with a corrosion-resistant material.
Why is hard water dangerous?
Hard water has a negative impact on a water heater. It will destroy not only the tank but also the heating element. As for the tank, hard water will develop scaling on its inner walls. Consequently, corrosions occur. As a result of that, your water heater may need repairs frequently.
Eventually, a replacement may be necessary. When it comes to the heating element, the heat is already bad. Therefore, the scaling of the hard water will be adding insult to the injury. Thus, the damage will happen very soon.
How to cope with hard water to protect your water heater
- The first and foremost step is to choose a great water heater. As mentioned earlier, there are robust materials that can withstand even last. If you do that, the longevity of the item especially the tank will be a guarantee.
- Secondly, ensure that you use a water softener. It will break down the likes of calcium and magnesium into simple forms. It will then avoid the formation of salts that corrode the tank. That way, the water will have changed from hard water to soft water by the time it enters the tank.
- You can also purchase filters.
4. Its Storage Capacity
Two factors will determine the capacity that you will choose. The first one is the number of people that form your family or those living in your house. The other one is the amount of water that each one of them needs. Once you find the answers, selecting will be easy. There are various capacities and the recommended members below.
If you have an instant water heater that has a capacity of between 1 and 3 liters, it can serve a family of individuals ranging from 4 to 8. Nevertheless, that will only be possible if you use it for washing hands as well as kitchen utensils. An instant one which has a capacity of 6 liters can serve 2 to 3 members. It can suit their bathing needs, but they will have to use buckets.
It is evident that storage ones are relatively bigger. If you have one whose capacity is between 10 and 15 liters, here is a suggestion. It can be perfect for bathing using a bucket for 2 to 3 family members. If the same has a capacity of 25 liters, it is enough for 4 to 6 members. Equally important, they are at liberty to bath using a shower. There are others that have a capacity of up to 35 liters. They are ideal for a family of 4 people who use bathtubs to take a shower.
5. Power Consumption
A water heater that uses a lot of power can lead to high monthly bills. That explains why you need one that is energy efficient. The most recommended power usage is between 1500 and 2000 watts.
6. Temperature Settings
This one advantages the user. He or she gets to know if the tank is full of hot water or otherwise. It also facilitates the control of the water temperature. Others offer even more. You get to know the necessary time for the water heater to heat all the water. With that, supervision may be unnecessary. In return, you will save a lot of time.
We can look at it in several aspects. Stylish design can add extra beauty to your bathroom. Who wouldn’t want one that brings a beautiful piece? The other angle is the compact design. If you have limited space, then it is suicidal to go for an extra-large water heater. However, if it is necessary because of a large family, installation options should be put into consideration.
8. Warranty as well as After Sales Service
Due to the sensitivity of a water heater, the warranty should be relatively long and comprehensive. Since they also need often maintenance, the after sales services that a company offers are also significant. Other brands offer installation which could save one time and extra cost.
It is advisable to select a water heater that is easy to install. Some may be hard, but due to the manuals, the task becomes easy. After installing, always ensure that it is easy to use it from wherever you decide to set it up.
Did you know that where you live determines the experience that you get when using your water heater? The most affected ones are those who live in cold areas. Therefore, if your location is cold most of the times, it is important to buy energy efficient geyser water heaters. Most preferably, go for an instant one.
11. Durability and Maintenance
These two factors go hand in hand. The more durable the tank that you buy is, the less the maintenance. Maintenance is very costly especially if you have to replace some components. For that reason, ensure that what you take home is as durable as possible. When it comes to maintaining them, some are cheaper than others. There is a general tip though. You should clean your storage twice at least one time a week. That is a good approach when it comes to combating rust.
How to enhance the durability of your geysers water heater
- Switching off your water heater is crucial. It sees to it that you avoid the consequences of overheating.
- For storage water heaters, it is advisable to clean them once in a week. That will in return avoid rusting and promote longevity. It doesn’t mean that the other types don’t need that as well. However, it is relatively crucial when it comes to those with tanks.
- Ensure that you also dial down the temperature of the water the best way possible.
12. Auto off
This is a vital feature. If it is present, the heater will switch off automatically as soon as the heating element becomes too hot. That has two benefits. The first one is that you will save a lot of energy. The other one prevents the damage of the heater.
This is a two-sided sword. On one end, you should not buy a cheap one that compromises the quality as well as performance. On the other hand, it is insane to spend too much money on something that will not last for an extended period. The bottom line is that you should settle for what offers you value for money.
14. Pump Pressure
If you live in the high rising building, this is a factor that is worth noting. Be wise when buying one if you live under such conditions. The reason is that some will get a leakage as soon as they get exposed to high water pressure. Go for one that can withstand that. Otherwise, it will be wastage of resources.
How does a water heater work?
The water heater is one of the simplest electronic appliances. It is obvious that water is a good conductor of electricity. Therefore, the moment one fills the tank with water, the circuit becomes complete. In return, the rod stars heating. Consequently, it starts heating the water. That continues until the total amount of water is hot. The temperature depends on what the user wants.
Necessary Tips before and after you buy your heater
- It is important to take note of not only the prices but also the details of the warranties. A good water heater warranty should not be less than 2 years. That explains why most of them offer that precisely. However, some manufacturers offer different warranties for various parts. Take note of all that.
- If you don’t act accordingly, the geyser may use a lot of electricity. That is not good use since it is not only a wastage of money but electricity conservation is also important.
- If you own an instant water heater, low temperatures are a high recommendation. That could save you more money than you can ever imagine.
- Go for a water heater that has an auto-off feature. It avoids overheating in case you get carried away by other activities.
- The location you choose for installation should not cause any inconveniences. For that reason, you should choose wisely before installing the water heaters.
- Water heaters should not be on for a long time.
- BIS/ISI labels signifies that what you are about to buy is energy efficient. Therefore, be on the lookout for such marks.
- Ensure that the water heaters remain unreachable to children. It will avoid unintended damage.
- For the DIY, don’t do something that you are not sure of. It is okay to ask for professional help if a need arises.
As we conclude, we hope that we have kept our word. In the beginning, we mentioned that the article was about helping you get the right water heater. Now, we have put at your disposal all the things that you need to consider before buying one. We did not stop there; we also went further to discuss the top 10 best geyser water heaters in India in 2019.
In case, that is the features of any two or more water heaters that match your requirements; you don’t have got confused. Feel free to choose either of one since this review has no item that is short of excellence. After all, we are people of their words. Therefore, don’t make a mistake of settling for a bad water heater. It is avoidable if you consult the list.